C# is a widely adopted proramming language used by developers when developing programs in the .Net programming language. Some of the features of the .Net programming language are
1) C# supports language interoperability – This means that C# can access code written in any .NET compliant language and can also inherit the classes written in these languages.
2) The classes in C# can be grouped in Namespaces.
3) C# supports the Object oriented concepts and helps define classes and objects.
4) Support for primitive data types such as numbers and strings and other data types such as Arrays
5) If you are developing client server or web applications , the programming language of choice taken by almost the entire development community is C#